Being Human in times of Great Change
March 25/26 2017
Traditional wisdom and practices to transform the stress, grief and anger of a world out of balance.
" The enemy is fear. We think it is hate. But it is fear." Gandhi
How can I take a stand for the sacredness of all life?
Are you deeply affected by the political and social events occurring in America and around the world right now? Do you feel a consuming dread and hopelessness for our predicament? What is this time asking of you? What can the old ways show us about the mystery of being human in times of great change?
Being Human: in Times of Great Change
In this weekend retreat we will work by the fire in the council house and along the river which surrounds us. You can commute or stay here at the lodge for the weekend. Immerse yourself. Gently slow down to the rhythm of nature. Allow the pain and suffering of this tumultuous and highly charged cultural climate to express and release into the grace of the mountains. With the warmth and light of the fire regain your center and grounded heart connection to create a sustainable future with courage, strength and humour. Some of the ways you can benefit:
- Engage traditional wisdom and learn practices to navigate these emotionally challenging times.
- Listen and be heard in sacred space.
- Connect to Heart through the fire of emotion.
- Look straight at your fear and feel your courage and strength awaken.
- Slow down. Moving with the rhythm of the natural world invites rejuvenation and wellness.
- Illuminate your core values for a life of meaning and service.
- Add your voice to a community gathered to build relationship and bring forth healing.
- Monthly follow-up fires provide ongoing support and integration. Together we experience the power of not facing this alone.
Sky of the Heart Preserve
The Sky of the Heart Preserve is dedicated to preserving and promoting traditional healing wisdom and heart connection. It is the home of four traditional healers, two men and two women who have been initiated after long apprenticeship in the Huichol medicine path. Being Human programs and our other shamanic healing retreats are held here on 40 acres of beautiful riverfront land 20 minutes north of Asheville, North Carolina. The healing presence of the land, the river and the sacred fire are an integral part of our work. Immersing oneself in the beauty of nature and the elemental forces is a potent way to remember the source of our life. Slowing down and allowing ourselves to move at the pace of the natural world brings rejuvenation and wellness as balance is restored.
At our Being Human in times of Great Change program you can commute or stay for the weekend in our cozy lodge with a fully equipped kitchen. There are magical trails to the cliffs and river as well as open fields in which to stretch out and drink in the Appalachian sky.